Type of Construction:
A.J. Virgilio Construction performed the site work for the construction of a 3MW Ground Mounted Solar Array located in Devens, MA. This system consisted of over 12,000 modules and (5) 500kw inverters.
A.J. Virgilio’s work included:
- Provided the site layout for the 26 acre solar array including erosion control perimeter, tree clearing, infiltration trenches, construction entrances and gravel drives.
- Installed and maintained over 3000′ of silt fence.
- Cleared and stumped 26 acres.
- Cut and filled 61,000 CY of material.
- Stripped, screened and replaced 16,000 CY of topsoil.
- Installed over 4000′ of stone for infiltration swale.
- Imported and installed 465 CY of gravel for access road.
- Made improvements to state road at the solar array entrance.
- Installed landscaping and hydro seeding for 16 acres.