A.J. Virgilio Construction is currently searching for a project manager. The Project Manager directly manages the Superintendents, and has the authority delegated by the Construction Manager to possess full authority over all construction projects assigned under his or her supervision including to make decisions and to act in order to satisfy the PM responsibilities and duties. The PM is providing leadership to the Superintendents to ensure safety, coordination of all aspects of construction, quality, scheduling, procurement, sound environmental work practices, profitability and timely completion are achieved. The PM is responsible for supervising projects for safety, monitoring labor, subcontractor & vendor performance, change orders, and site management, ensuring safety, profit, and quality goals are accomplished through the effective use of personnel, materials, subcontractors, and equipment, and by completing projects within the scheduled durations and cost estimates. Must have estimating and technical writing ability.
- Requires a working knowledge of the construction industry.
- Education; A Civil Engineering Degree is preferred. Successful work experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Project Manager, and previously worked as a Construction Superintendent.
- The PM must be knowledgeable, articulate, self-assured, and personable.
- Recognize Safety issues and changed site conditions, requiring a change order.
- Must have good mathematical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Posses the ability to work with Microsoft Office and Estimating Software Programs, and the knowledge of or ability to learn and work with CAD & GPS programs.
- Coaching Superintendents, ensuring that project schedule is being maintained and that labor, subcontractors, vendors, materials, and equipment costs are at or below budget.
- Can respond to inquiries, or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community, proactively to solve challenges.
- Provides Superintendents with technical advice or engineering expertise to assist with job challenges. Work with the Superintendents and Clients Proactively.
- Reviews plans, specifications, addendums, for constructability, identify discrepancies in advance of construction.
- Prepare RFI’s as required and maintain a RFI log.
- Causes all company projects to be operated safely, and ethically, and maintain the company’s high standing in the industry and community.
- Assist the estimating department when necessary.
Apply for our Project Manager position and become a construction leader with an industry expert.